CADWELD® Grounding Connections by Erico®
The design and installation of Electrical Grounding Systems is one of the most important aspects of any electrical distribution system. A key element of the electrical protection system is an effective, low-impedance ground system. It is crucial to ensure personnel safety, as well as, provide reliable protection for vital equipment and minimize service interruptions and costly downtime.
The CADWELD® exothermic welding process fuses conductors together to form a molecular bond with a current-carrying capacity equal to that of the conductor. Grounding systems incorporating this type of connection therefore operate as a continuous conductor with lower resistivity.
CADWELD® MULTI is a complete welding system for improving grounding system performance, reliability and installation convenience.
CADWELD® MULTI simplifies the exothermic welding process. A single, universal mould offers the capacity to make over 30 separate connection types to perform connections to a ground rod.
How It Works
CADWELD® MULTI uses a combination of a generic mould block and a range of disposable gaskets (batting). The gaskets are compressed around the conductors to allow numerous different welded connections to be produced without the need to change the mould block for each connection type.
Multiple grounding connection capabilities are possible including the following:
- Copper Cable/Solid to Copper Cable/Solid
- Copper Cable/Solid Strip to Rebar
- Copper Strip to Copper Strip
- Copper Cable/Solid to Copper or Steel Strip/Lug
- Galvanized Steel Strip to Galvanized Steel Strip
- Conductor to Ground Rod
CADWELD® MULTI Features:
- Now performs welds to ground rods
- Versatile mould offers an unlimited variety of connections for grounding applications
- Patented self-sealing system prevents weld metal leakage
- Compact compression structure enables easy alignment of conductors
- Easy to follow instruction guide
- Lightweight kit for easy transportation
- Easy-to-use system completes weld in seconds
CADWELD® MULTI satisfies the requirements of:
- BS 6651
- BS 7430
- NFC 15-100
- IEEE® 837-1987
- IEEE 80-2000
- IEC℠ 1025-1 (ENV 61024-1)