PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System
Interprovincial Corrosion Control is pleased to re-introduce the superior Petrolatum Based PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion Tapes and Primer, now successfully tested and Compliant with CSA Z245.30.
PetroWrap® Anti-Corrosion Tapes and Primer ( Announcement)
The PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System offers many benefits over similar products, such as:
- Manufactured in Canada
- Carton quantities same as Accepted Industry Standards
- Prices competitive and a high quality coating system
- Cold Applied, User Friendly
- No drying or curing time before backfilling required
- Provides protection in all climatic conditions
- Dielectric Properties
- Compatible with other coatings
- Non-hazardous environmentally safe
- CSA Z245.30 Compliant
- Conforms to AWWA Standard C217
- Meets the provisions of NACE SP0375-2018
The PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System has been developed for long term corrosion protection of underground, underwater, or exposed metallic structures (i.e. Pipelines, Piping Systems, Steel Pilings), even in the most severe environments. PetroWrap is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, and is now successfully tested and Compliant with CSA Z245.30, and meets the AWWA C217 Standard. This tape system ensures easy site application without the necessity of torches (i.e. heating), user friendly and can be applied on damp or minimally prepared surfaces.
PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System consists of a cold applied system of petrolatum based PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape, PetroWrap Primer, and PetroWrap Mastic (where contouring is necessary).
PetroWrap Primer Paste is a preparatory primer that displaces moisture and fills small irregularities that occur on the surface to be wrapped with PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape. It is chemical resistant, impervious to water and will not crack, dry, or harden. PetroWrap Primer Paste can be applied with either a brush or gloved hand, at a temperature range between: -5° C to 45° C.
PetroWrap Mastic is a cold applied filler which profiles areas to be tape wrapped by easing contours on pipe joints, flanges, bolts, other irregular shapes to be wrapped with PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape. PetroWrap Mastic consists of saturated neutral petrolatum based compounds, reinforcing compounds and will not harden even in severe climactic conditions. The application temperature range is between -5° C to 45° C.
PetroWrap Profiling Mastic is used to profile flanges, bolts, mechanical joints, valves, and connections where PetroWrap Tape is to be applied without bridging or voids.
All voids and sharp angular profile changes are required to be contoured with PetroWrap Profiling Mastic. At completion of profiling, the profile should be such that the PetroWrap Tape maybe applied without bridging and without any potential for the PetroWrap Tape to be perforated in service by any angular projection.
PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape consists of a non-woven, stitch bonded, synthetic fabric which has been fully impregnated with neutral petrolatum based compounds. PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion Tape will not crack, peel or harden and therefore remains impermeable to moisture and requires no maintenance. It is specifically designed to provide protection in all climatic conditions and is available in the following grades:
- Moderate Temperature (MT) where ambient temperatures vary between -5° C to 70° C;
- High Temperature (HT) for use in conditions between -5° C to 84° C;
- Low Temperature (LT) for conditions between -20° C to 55° C.
The typical applications for PetroWrap Anti-Corrosion System are:
- Pipelines, Piping Systems, Flanges and Valves, Fittings
- Welded Pipe Joints
- Pipeline Crossings
- On-Grade Tank Bases
- Hydraulic Pipes, Valves and Fittings
- Water Proofing & Sealing
- Fire Protection – Pipe & Sprinkler Systems
- Cable Splices
- Marine Pilings, Steel Wharfs
- Cooling Tower Piping Systems
- Electrical Connection Boxes